Mid American Studio ~ Elite Dance Company
Directed by Mrs. Abbie Baublitz.
The Elite Dance Company is a year-long program (Avg. 31 weeks, September-May) for students with a strong understanding of technique and performance skills, as well as a passion for dance. Elite Dance Company members are required to participate all year in Ballet, Jazz, and Tap Technique Classes, as well as weekly rehearsals for competitive dance routines. Company students will apply their knowledge of basic dance principles to more advanced choreography and technique while exploring dance as an artistic expression through avenues such as regional and national dance competitions and community performances. The main styles of dance studied include ballet, jazz, lyrical/contemporary, tap, hip hop and musical theater- however students are always encouraged to branch out to other genres to ensure we are training well-rounded dancers. Students should be prepared to learn a greater amount of material at a faster pace. Acceptance is currently by invitation and audition only.
Call 248-477-5248 for more details!
- Acceptance into the Mid American Studio Elite Dance Company is by invitation and audition only. Please contact us to be considered.
- Company members must enroll in the required Ballet, Jazz, and Tap Technique classes every season. Dancers are highly encouraged to study other styles as well to gain experience and expand their performance opportunities. Dancers will be expected to participate in Summer Dance Classes, and should be prepared to train with an intent to make progress every week!
- Company members will be required to perform in our annual recital performances, regional and national dance competitions, and any additional community performances as opportunities arise.
- Required class attire is a leotard and tights (any color and style), hair pulled back into a pony tail or bun and appropriate shoes for every class. Dancers may also wear leggings, dance shorts, or other form-fitting cover-ups during the colder months.
- Required performance attire includes costumes, tights, team warm-ups, appropriate dance shoes, team jewelry and duffel bag. Hair, makeup, and accessories as described by instructors.
Elite Dance Company ~ Mini Team
We have expanded our team to include dancers ages 6-8 on our MINI Team! Mini Team dancers will take weekly classes in Ballet, Tap & Jazz!
Call for more information 248-477-5248, or email [email protected]!
- During the 2022-23 Competitive Dance season, as a 4th-year team, the EDC dancers attended 4 regional & 1 national dance competitions and competed with 30 routines.
- As a Studio, the EDC also received the Dedication to Storytelling Award at StarQuest Regional, and the Committed Characterization Award from StarQuest National Dance Competition.
- The EDC full company production piece received multiple 1st Overall Placements Regionally and Nationally.
- The EDC Mini Team placed Top 10 Overall at every competition.
- Collectively the dancers received High Gold and Platinum Award placements and placed in the Top 5 at each competition in multiple age levels, winning 1st overall in multiple categories, regionally and as National Champions.
- During the 2020-21 Competitive Dance season, as a 2nd-year team, the EDC dancers attended 2 regional dance competitions and competed with 9 routines.
- During the 2019-20 Competitive Dance season, as a 1st-year competitive studio, the dancers attended their first ever competition with Rainbow Dance, where performed 2 routines. The dancers were awarded High Gold placements, and received 2 Specialty awards!